We seek to protect and respect our natural surroundings abiding by operational practices that minimize our environmental impact, particularly in the areas of waste management and recycling.
- Proper disposal of used cooking oil
- Cleaning guest rooms with products that do not contain chlorine, phosphates or ozone-layer hazardous compounds
- Solid waste segregation and proper disposal
- Training staff on environmental conservation practices
- Paper recycling
- Hygienic-sanitary inspections to all food suppliers
- Monitoring water for bacteria, metals, toxic substances, etc.
- MPSL and HRS provide amenities in ceramic containers to avoid excessive plastic waste of bottles
In 26 months we have achieved • 14.11 tons of recycled paper = 212 trees saved = 4 scholarships
Miraflores Park Hotel and the Corporate Office in Lima initiated a paper recycling program with local association Fundades in November 2011.
Employees throw away paper, magazines and newspaper in several large bins found throughout the offices. Each month these are collected by Fundades and sold to Kimberly Clark to be recycled.
For every 2000 kilos of paper collected, Fundades pays a scholarship for children with Down syndrome or living in extreme poverty.